zeinesipats Admin replied

295 weeks ago

Comrade Detective Full Movie Download Mp4

Show Spoiler

a5c7b9f00b Parody comedy designed to resemble a non-existent gritty 1980's Cold War Romanian police show that promoted Communist ideals. The action-packed and blood-soaked first season finds Detectives Gregor Anghel and Joseph Baciu investigating the murder of fellow officer Nikita Ionescu and, in the process, unraveling a subversive plot to destroy their country that is fueled by what-else-but the greatest enemy: Capitalism.
That they dubbed this Romanian detective series from the '80s was irritating at first, but after the first episode it became a part of the appeal. Whose voice is that? Why it's Daniel Craig guestingthe voice of the evil priest who smuggles bibles and leads good Communists astray.<br/><br/>I grew up in the coldest years of the Cold War: hearing the Communist spin on the evils of capitalism, how America always rigged Olympic judging, seeing their version of dangerous New York or the decadent/slutty American ambassador with her minion eating a mountain of hamburgers for lunch. It was eerily similar to the stuff I was taught about the Soviet Union.<br/><br/>I'm a little confused by the reviewer who seems to think this is a spoof–I think that reviewer probably thinks the moon landing was faked too.
An interesting (as a very anti-American / anti-Western/Capitalism) curio. Ruined by dubbing and consolidated with (let's be generous and say ) 'less-tham-good' acting and corny dialogue it's, in fact, strangely worth watching.<br/><br/>Frankly, I'm not quite sure how to describe "Comrade Detective". If it's intendeda satirical spoof it's quite good. If it's serious it's bad, with multiple contradictions and faults. If it's intendeda comedy it's not bad.<br/><br/>A line of dialogue in the first episode goes: "There was a time when I'd line up everyone here against the wall and shoot 'em… just on the off-chance they were the killer. Awwwh… the whole world is going to s–t, Gregor".<br/><br/>Now, if that piece of dialogue was intendedcomedy or a spoof/satire *against* Communism it's quite funny. If it was intended seriously it's a pretty bad self- assassination on behalf of the Romanian production.<br/><br/>Contradictions include the initial tussles between the new partner (a Borat lookalike) and the protagonist (a clichéd reference to a Film Noir hard-boiled, - lifelong-loser - detective. The Borat lookalike is apparently a wrestling champion, and yet he's constantly gotten the better of by the protagonist. Strange.<br/><br/>Also, it's mentioned that "we're not used to crime in Romania. It's not part of our national character, and so we find ourselves completely overwhelmed". Then a new addition to the department is introduceda "secret police officer sent from the 9th division". If they're not used to crime, how come they have a 'secret police section' let alone a police force at all…???<br/><br/>However, whatever it purports to be, it's certainly Cold-War propaganda whether tongue-in-cheek or not.<br/><br/>Although I grew to like it more and morethe series went on, I just couldn't shake off the dubbing aspect. Dubbing just doesn't sit right with me… especially when it's of an American accent while obviously set - in this case - in an Eastern bloc country and during, at the time, the Cold War. You have American accents pursuing an anti- American/Capitalism agenda. Perhaps a better choice (for contrast's sake) would have been the use of a British accent… if dubbing was indeed deemed an absolute necessity, that is.<br/><br/>Before episode 5, they absolved themselves of the crime of dubbing by saying that "no-one reads anymore". Well, what a load of tripe. OK, yes, some people (and I have a few friends that way) don't like subtitles and avoid watching subtitled foreign language films. However, many of us purists (and there are a lot of us), including myself, prefer the original language. As mentioned before, the essence of the actor is his voice. This is even better, of course, combined with body movement and facial expression. When you have another actor superimposing any part of this holism, you get a jilted unbelievable mismatch. It's notbadothers I've seen but it's a good deal less effective than the best of ineffective dubbing suchin the Italian film industry. Fact of the matter is, in my opinion, that it was an ego thing… they simply wanted 'to be part of' this 'cult' series. So, they've let their egos supersede originality. They obviously felt guilty otherwise they wouldn't have felt the need to excuse themselves.<br/><br/>I did like the series overall. However, it loses considerably with the removal of the original actors' voices… after all,I've said before, the essence of an actor is his voice. I would love to see the original (not dubbed) production, with English subtitles.<br/><br/>As it stands, I give it a 5/10 rating because of it being dubbed. Had it been keptoriginal, but with subtitles, I'd have awarded a 7/10. Overall though, worth watching for curio's sake.

Immortal Stargate dubbed hindi movie free download torrentJustice League Dark song free downloadLuke Cage movie free download in hindiPredators movie in tamil dubbed downloaddownload Sufferthe Hard to Lose downloadTour of Duty full movie download in hindiMinhoca Radioativa tamil pdf downloadNafaka in tamil pdf downloadDragon Ball Z: Gather Together! Goku's World full movie in hindi 720p

last edited 217 weeks ago by zeinesipats
Please log in to post a reply.